Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2 -states

Not being able to take out time from my regular schedule, has opened yet another option for me to stay late in the nights till 3 so that I can complete a book, and if the book is interesting, how can I resist myself?

After seeing a movie followed by dinner on a Sunday evening, I was in my usual trauma, of having to go to office the next day. But who knew that I will have an amazing 2 day read about an almost masala-movie-cum-novel – “2 States”. I had decided earlier that, I would sleep by 11:30, so that getting up @ 6:30 will not be as painful as it had recently become, because of my Late-to-bed habit. As I read, continued to flip the pages lying on my bed, rarely getting my eyes off the book, at a point of time, my eyes felt heavy. I wondered if I was fine. Then I looked at my mobile to a shock! It was 3:00 in the morning. I just had three and a half hours to sleep. Oh shit! I said to my self – “Sleep, otherwise you will have a tough Monday to fight” and as I turned over to face the wall on my right, thoughts of, what would happen next, pondered in my mind. Will Krish and Ananya, the lead characters of the story, be able to convince their parents who had just arrived IIM-A for attending the convocation ceremony of their children respectively. Next, I was overpowered by the temptation to know more about what “will happen”. And I opened the book. Somehow, I could no longer keep my eyes open after half an hour, as it had started hurting me.

Yesterday after I came back from office around 9, I was stuck with the book again. I had completely forgotten that, I had not had anything for dinner. At around 11, realizing I had skipped my dinner, I went to the kitchen. I thought for a while I stood there in a strange stupefaction, I came back to my bed again and let my laziness win over the hunger. I will put it better – “Let my curiousity win over laziness”. But I wondered if I was really hungry!

Story continued. I kept moving from one page to another, one chapter to another. As Krish, one of the protagonist of the story trying his level best to convince his girlfriend’s South Indian parents, bearing the brunt of their behavior and followed by Ananya, the girlfriend, looking up to getting her would-be-mother-in-law convinced to accept her to prove herself the perfect “bahu”.

I shed a drop of tear as Krish had stopped having his food and fell ill due to a small misunderstanding with Ananya, though not very sure, if tear drop was because I was hungry and I could feel his pain. I would go with the second option. :)

The story continued with the dark colored shades of cultures from respective states merged to end into a beautiful color of happily-married-ever-after ending.

Oh, how much I love happy endings... :)

No comments: