Friday, December 25, 2009

3 Idiots - My Verdict

As the movie starts off with very high expectations, I am all bucked up to see it, after paying a higher (than average) cost for the ticket. As the movie goes on, and hits the highest with the nerd’s speech in “Hindi” sequence, where I laughed my lungs out with tears in my eyes with stomach crunches and paining cheek muscles, I began to expect higher and higher from the movie. I was no longer resting my back in the cushioned seat, and curiously looked at the screen, anxious to know what next would happen. Every part of it was funny and a pun on the current education system though I was completely in disagreement with the few parts of the movie, which if edited would have taken the movie to a different height.
So, coming to the low points of the movie, the whole “Labor Scene” sequence was presented stupidly. Second, some places, Kareena and Aamir looked older. I wish young newcomers could have been taken, but may be the risk factor would have been a problem for the movie makers. And, finally, leaking out the exam paper and the friend not even having a glance at it was indigestible. Now c’mon, anyone would at least have look at the questions, though, might continue to prepare for the complete targeted syllabus, as, before getting the leaked questions. At least I did that, in my so called “Engineering Life”, just like a larger population of other students.
But, I would let that go, and forgive the story of the movie, and completely give all the credit to the humor put into it, which completely justified the movie, in itself, to be, a big release and a hit. I would rate “4 STAR”. I might be a bit harsh in bringing out the flaws in the movie which everyone would have loved, but I wanted it to be a “5 Star”, which it could have, if not for those parts. Well I just wish that the level of comedy in other Bollywood movies will also be made competent enough in the coming year.
With that note, I would say - watch the movie. It’s worth one watch!


Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Shiva said...

Yes, the movie could have been different had it not tried to cater too much to the masses. Worth a watch though :)